We will call you back.
Just share your number for a call back in less than 15 minutes
Individual Health Plan as the name suggests, covers a single person as insured under a health policy. With growing stress and hectic lifestyles, people are more prone to health disorders. Individual Health Plans cover an individual against the financial, medical expenses pertaining to the hospitalization. Individual health plans are all the more important for the only bread winner of the family.Such plans provide a comprehensive coverage related to the medical exigencies to the individual.Get Affordable Quotes
There are various factors listed below which will make it imperative to buy an Individual Health Plan:
Following are the key determinants for computing the premium amount for your chosen Health Insurance Plan.
Add-on covers attached to your health plan simply help you enhance the protection level. Listed below are the options:
Critical Illness refers to illness, disease, or sickness which even after the treatment drastically affects the lifestyle of the patient. With Critical Illness add on the cover, the insured is provided with an immediate fixed amount plus the rider cover expenses incurred during the medical procedure as well. By having critical illness cover, you are covered for a wide range of critical illnesses. Critical Illness can also be taken as a stand alone policy. Many insurers have separate Critical Illness plans under their health portfolio.
Hospital cash rider provides for the daily cash that you may need for compensating the medical expenses during the stay in the hospital. Typically, you can claim benefits an amount depending on the nature of your stay. You can also claim a higher payout in case you are admitted to ICU. You will be eligible for the rider payout in case you are hospitalized for a minimum of 24 hours.
This add-on cover enables you to enjoy higher sub-limits for room rent in case of hospitalization. A basic individual health plan typically provides a defined sub-limit to room rent. With the help of a room rent waiver cover, you can choose an improved room for your hospitalization beyond your basic cover with this rider.
Many insurers have this as an inbuilt rider in their health plans. With this add-on cover, you are covered against the risks that may arise due to the total or partial disablement or death caused by accidents. Personal accident plans are typically offered as an add on cover by paying an additional premium amount. The Personal Accident Plan can also be taken as a stand alone policy. Many insurers have separate Personal Accident Plans under their health portfolio.
A top-up health policy provides additional coverage to those who have a running health plan. This plan covers the medical expenses that may arise due to an illness/injury over and above the limit of the actual cover. A top-up health plan works by ‘single incidence hospitalization’, however, a super top-up plan looks at the aggregate claim. A super top-up health plan puts together several incidence of hospitalization to cover the medical bills. It covers a total/aggregate of the medical bills in a year, not just the single instance of hospitalization.
(Note: The rider benefit, conditions, and eligibility criteria may vary from insurer to insurer)Select from Top Insurer's
Following are the conditions/exclusions that are not included in your Health Plan.
• Pre-existing conditions: Any illness that had symptoms or received medical treatment within 4 years of commencement of the first policy.
• First 30 days: You can’t claim for the first 30 days from the commencement of the health policy. Accident injury claims, however, don’t require a waiting period.
• First year of cover: During the first year of your policy, some specific illnesses are not covered include Cataract, Hydrocele, Hysterectomy, Fistula in anus, Benign prostatic hypertrophy, Sinusitis, and Congenital Internal diseases.
• Cost of contact lenses, hearing aids, and specs.
• Convalescence, congenital external defects, the use of intoxicating drugs / alcohol, intentional self-injury, general debility, expenses for diagnostic tests related to the disease for which the insured has not been hospitalized.
• Pregnancy or childbirth related treatments.
• Naturopathy treatment.
• Dental treatment/surgery.
(Exclusions may differ from one insurer to another and plan to plan.)