Get Quotes from Top Insurers with Lowest Premium
Enter Details > Get Quotes > Buy Your privacy is protected.
Why Comparepolicy.com
Unbiased information on plans from varied insurance companies
Easy comparisons to choose the best insurance plan
No hidden costs, pay the same premiumas offered by the insurer
Pre and post sales expert assistance for smooth online buying experience
Reliable, Accurate and Quick policy servicing
THANK YOU!
Our representative will get back to you soon.
You can also directly contact us at
+91-7836966356

MetLife Money Back Plan

What is the Plan all About?

MetLife Money back plan is a traditional, non-linked, money back plan which offers you to protect the precious moments of your family with financial security at every step. Money back plans as the name suggests offer survival benefits in the form of money backs along with providing a death benefit during the policy term to protect your family from the uncertain eventualities.

What are the Key Features?

Offers Guaranteed money backs at regular intervals

Offers guaranteed returns with life insurance

Get full death benefit regardless of paid survival benefits

Tax free Terminal Benefit under section 80C & 10(10D)

What are the Plan benefits?

Death Benefit

In the event of death of the life insured during the policy term, the nominee will receive the higher of

  • The Base Sum assured
  • 10 times the Annualised Premium
  • 105% of all premiums paid till date of death regardless of paid survival benefits

Survival Benefit

The policyholder will receive the survival benefit of 10% of the base sum assured from the 5th to the 9th policy year for a money back plan of 10 years.The policyholder will receive 50% of the sum assured by the end of 9th policy year as survival benefit.

  • At the end of 5th year -10% of Sum Assured
  • At the end of 6th year -10% of Sum Assured
  • At the end of 7th year -10% of Sum Assured
  • At the end of 8th year -10% of Sum Assured
  • At the end of 9th year -10% of Sum Assured

Maturity Benefit

The policyholder will receive remaining 50 % of the sum assured on maturity plus additional guaranteed 10% of the sum assured at the time of maturity.Total payout on maturity is 60% of the sum assured under the policy.

Loan Benefit

The plan offers a loan facility which is 90%of the special surrender value of the policy at the end of the relevant policy year less any unpaid premiums for that year.

Revival Benefit

A lapsed policy can be revived upon written request, produces evidence of insurability and on payment of all overdue premiums within 3 years from the date of first unpaid premium.

Surrender Value

This policy acquires a surrender value, in case all due premiums are paid for the first 3 policy years.Guaranteed surrender value(GSV) is expressed as a percentage of total premiums paid by the policyholder.The policy surrender value is dependent on the year of surrender as well.Surrender in 1st policy year, GSV is nil.Surrender in 2nd to 3rd policy year,GSV is 30% of the total premiums.Surrender in 4th to 7th policy year, GSV is 50% less survival benefits,surrender in 8th policy year, GSV is 70% less survival benefits.Surrender in 8th to 10th policy year, GSV is 90% less survival benefits.

Who can Buy the Plan?

Factor Minimum Maximum
Age (as on last birthday) 13 Years 55 Years
Age at Maturity - 65 Years
Policy Tenure 10 Years 10 Years
Premium Paying Term Same as policy term -
Premium Paying Mode Annually, Semi Annually, Quarterly and monthly -
Annual Premium Rs 23,119 -
Sum Assured Rs 2.5 Lacs Rs 5 Crore
Freelook Period 15 days/ 30 days (for distance marketing channel) from the receipt of the policy -
Grace Period 30 days / 15 days (for monthly mode) -
Plan Type Offline -

Is any Rider Available with this Plan?

No riders are available with this plan.

Is the Plan, eligible for Tax Benefit?

Plan qualifies as per the provisions of the Income Tax Act,1961 for the tax benefits under Section 80C and 10 (10D).

How the Plan Works?

Let us understand the plan with the help of Raman’s example.

Raman bought MetLife money back plan for Sum assured of Rs 5 Lacs for a fixed term of 10 years.

Scenario 1: Raman Survives the Policy Term

Raman will start getting 10% of the sum assured from 5th to 9th year as survival benefit.The survival benefit will be 10% of the sum assured. Rs 50,000 is payable as a money back amount. On maturity, Raman will receive the remaining 50% of the sum assured which is Rs 2,50,000 plus an additional 10% guaranteed which is Rs 50,000.So the total payout is 110% of the sum assured( Rs 5 Lacs).

Scenario 2: Raman dies during the policy term

Assuming if Raman dies in the beginning of the9th policy year.He had already received three money backs amounting to Rs 1.5 Lacs ( 10% of 5 Lacs for 3 policy years).His family members are entitled to receive a death benefit of Rs 5 lacs (100% of the sum assured) without deducting any paid survival benefits and the policy terminates.